CUV 1.27% $14.36 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

Thought it might be interesting to post a comparison between the...

1. 708 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 857

Thought it might be interesting to post a comparison between the nothing Chair letter from last week by WB and a chair address last year by David Williams the Chairman of Polynovo (26/10/21). Polynovo has a market cap about 50% bigger than CUV (despite vastly inferior financials) however the Managing Director and Chairman both provide their mobile numbers for direct contact. There is no greater portal for investor relations than that. A 'go invest elsewhere' mindset is not ideal - we all know that boards are supposed to protect shareholder interests and not just where it happens to coincide. The Polynovo chairman effectively launched his own share buyback earlier this year and this was enough to kickstart a >100% increase in shareprice in a couple of months. As for Clinuvel, well for a company which is so controlling of information flow it is also very strange that they allow the share price to be so manipulated when they have obvious tools to combat this and protect their 'unusually loyal' shareholders. Flexibility and willingness to adapt is key. The company knows a short attack is taking place (23rd most shorted stock is hard to miss) and I believe it is clear how the share price is constantly manipulated (even Pigs acknowledges how this occurs on other threads). The share price does reflect on company and management as it is the first thing any prospective investor observes and for holders it is immensely important. A share buyback is so obvious at these levels that I can't see myself providing voting support when the time comes because a very small portion of so much cash needs to be returned to shareholders whilst also providing major financial benefits due to less shares on issue. CUV just banked nearly $20 Million in 3 months, a $20 Million buyback would only delay the $150 Million cash in bank management share incentive by about 3 months and would show massive support and faith in their own company as many other companies are doing with their cash despite not having as much as this company does. Anyway, bring on the full year results, only 2 weeks now for peer leading financials.

All IMO DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.36
Change
0.180(1.27%)
Mkt cap ! $719.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.08 $14.60 $14.03 $1.210M 84.62K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 209 $14.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.38 417 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$14.37
  Change
0.180 ( 1.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.45 $14.49 $14.05 9640
Last updated 15.59pm 29/03/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.